Monday, July 14, 2008

    Day Of Coordination?

    Sigh. If I had a dollar for every time a potential bride tells me "My wedding is going to be very easy. I just want someone to make sure that things flow smoothly" I'd be rich. It's not that they're truly naive, it's just that they don't KNOW that in order to ensure their day runs smoothly, I put 40-60 hours of work into just my Wedding Supervision package alone (my closest package to "Day Of" coordination). I am sure that other coordinators have it streamlined down to fewer hours than 40+, but I know what I need to give in order to ensure I am doing the best job for my client. The term "Day Of" coordination is such a misleading term. I don't know about you but I can't fit 40 hours into one day. I wish I could! This is what my "Day Of" world looks like...

    This floorplan was crucial to make as the venue did not have a floorplan! Click pictures for larger versions

    2 comments:

    Events by Evonne, LLC said...

    I totally agree... in fact, my "day of" starts 8 weeks prior to the wedding! There really is no such thing as "day of"! =)

    Affairs With Elegance said...

    I agree! "Day Of Coordination" really doesn't exist. There is no way a planner/coordinator can show up on a couple's wedding day and have everything flow smoothly.

    There are several things that a wedding coordinator will still have to do even after that couple has "planned" everything. Your post explains this so well!

    ~LaKendra