Friday, March 13, 2009

    The Name Change

    I like to give gift ideas of things that I think are great. Kind of like Oprah, but I don't give said gifts to my readers. Maybe someday, when I am a billionaire and get free products coming out of my ears...

    Today's gift is specifically for the Bride**. It's not glamorous, it is not sparkly, it is not sassy, but it is truly a wonderful and useful time saver. Ladies and gents, may I present: Miss Now Mrs.

    Last year I was doing my 3 hour details meeting with a bride and groom and when I got to the question: "are you going to change your name?" my overwhelmed, overworked, full time student/working bride completely burst into tears and wailed "I can't even think about that right now!!!!!" Her fiance looked at me with a look of shocked horror wondering if his bride was getting cold feet about marrying him and I told him: "Don't worry, she'll be ok, let her cry this out. It's normal". Then I consoled her and told her that she doesn't need to worry about it right now, just take things one step at a time. I really wish I had known about this service then, because for $29 I could have saved her a lot of work and aggravation. Poor thing. I know how she felt.

    Truly, changing your name is a royal pain in the pants. Dealing with the state government, the DMV, credit cards, bank accounts, loans, travel documents, IRA's, and 401K's is not fun. No longer does this need to be a daunting task though! After dealing with the headache changing the wife's name, a husband and wife team created a site that helps you make a task list, tells you the steps to take, and fills out the forms for you! Hallelujah!!


    **If the Bride isn't changing her name, get her something sparkly.

    No comments: