Tuesday, June 9, 2009

    Celebrating Us

    Eight years ago today I married the coolest guy in the world. Eight years married sounds so old and stuffy! For us, it's as natural as breathing. He is my rock, my playmate, my partner in crime, and my love. Even after 14 years together, we still make each other laugh.

    Marriage is never all roses and butterflies, but it really is a wonderful gift when you are with the person you are meant to be with. We've weathered quite a bit over the past eight years, but we're still madly in love and committed to the promise we made each other June 9, 2001.

    I dug through some of my old photos and pulled out some of our happiest memories together:

    1995 or 1996
    One of the first photos I can find of us


    1996 or 1997
    Napping on my parents porch in Arkansas. One of those warm late winter days when you can feel spring right around the corner.


    1996 and 1997
    Fayetteville Christian School. These pictures are happy memories because we were getting out of a crazy, crazy place.


    January 1, 2000
    2 seconds into the new Millenium and our engagement


    June 9, 2001
    A very, very happy day!


    June 2001
    Honeymooning in Prague, Czech Republic


    March 2004
    a village in Northern Thailand

    September 2006
    outside the Colosseum in Rome
    , Italy

    September 2006
    Vernazza, Italy
    And yes, we were traveling with a professional photographer!
    September 2007
    Santorini, Greece

    April 21, 2007
    My sister's wedding in Twentynine Palms, Ca
    October 31, 2008
    Napa, CA


    4 comments:

    Cassie said... said...

    Congrats! we are just about to celebrate #12 and 16 years together.

    Michelle@Memorable Events said...

    Congratulations! Beautiful pictures, wonderful memories.

    Juliet said...

    Congratulations Amber! I wish you many many many more years of happiness! :)

    Amber Events said...

    Wow, Cassie! I can't believe it's been that long! Congratulations to you too!
    Thanks for the congrats Michelle and Juliet!