Friday, November 27, 2009

    Thanksgiving Weekend!


    I'm blogging from my iPhone because I'm stranded in the desert without
    WiFi. Yes, I'm a workaholic lunatic, but any other small business
    owners can understand my pain. After answering a few more emails I
    WILL turn my phone off. I will.

    I had the plan to write a poignant and poetic blog about Thanksgiving
    and what I'm thankful for, but the phone started ringing off the hook
    on Wednesday and I ended up rearranging my schedule and meeting
    potential clients out at Saddlerock in Malibu. I'm so not complaining
    though: one of the 8,000 things I'm thankful for is a booming business
    and the people who trust me to plan their weddings.

    So this weekend my husband and my sister's family are enjoying a
    friend's vacation home in a gated community out in Palm Desert. I'm
    surprised they let us through the gates as none of us wear polo shirts
    or sun visors (it's a fancy pantsy golf community) but our motley crew
    pretty much sticks to our own pool. It's a great place.

    This year I'm thankful for my husband, my family, my health and 7,997
    other things.

    No comments: