Friday, November 19, 2010

    Always a planner


    Recent conversation in my household:

    ME: "Babe, if I were to ever be unconscious in the hospital, or you know.....DIE, I have this Word doc that I created that explains how to take care of my clients."

    HUSBAND: "Are you serious??? If you die, I don't give a s**t about your clients. They'd be the last thing I'd be thinking of"

    So, sorry clients. My husband just doesn't care about you. He does have a point though....so I sent the below document to my sister and my assistant. Of course, they'll never have to use it though, because Murphy's Law says something like: "if you have a Plan B, you're not going to have to use it...and always make sure you're wearing clean underwear"...or something like that.

    So if you're in the mood to see inside my morbid mind, feast your eyes on my Plan B (that will never be used, of course)



    In Case of Emergency
    by Amber Gustafson

    In the event that I am incapacitated or debilitated, please notify my current clients, change my phone voicemail, my website, add an auto reply to my email explaining what has happened, and attempt to either cover these weddings if possible or find someone who can. 

    To access all of my passwords for the above, go to xyz (deleted information)

    Current client folders are found from the file on my desktop: shortcuts to weddings/current weddings. All files in that folder are current clients. Each client has a “Bride & Groom Contact Info & Questionnaire” document that includes email addresses & phone numbers.

    In my Outlook email, each client has a folder with all correspondence and contracts in it. There are also files for each client that has a copy of the contract, notes, etc.

    1 comment:

    Heavenly Blooms said...

    I love this post Amber... and I love your husband's reponse to your request!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving...Jaclyne xo