Tuesday, January 18, 2011

    Park Plaza Wedding: Rachel and Jimmy


    I met Rachel and Jimmy exactly three weeks before their wedding when their florist, David Mark of Designs by David, told them about me. They realized that they needed some help pulling together the final details for their formal Jewish wedding for 200 guests and someone to send the 25 people in the processional down the aisle. Side note: this wedding is probably the closest thing that I have done in terms of "day of" coordinating (of which there is truly no such thing, in my opinion), and just as a glimpse of how much work goes into "just a day of" there are 280 emails in the in-box folder for this wedding.

    Anyway, their wedding was being held on the 4th day of Chanukah at the Legendary Park Plaza and their ceremony was set up to be held "in the round" in the lobby at the foot of the grand staircase. By in the round I mean that all guests are seated around the ceremony spot and the bride and groom stand in the middle. I describe getting married like this as receiving a big hug from all of your guests at the same time. When guests arrived they were greeted with champagne and latkes, the potato pancakes traditionally served during Chanukah. When it was time for the ceremony to begin, a Shofar (rams horn) was blown, then a clip from the great Exodus from The Ten Commandments was played as the family members walked down in the professional. When Rachel's parents walked out in the professional I'm sure the guests were wondering where the bride was.

    Her parents walked to the foot of the staircase and the Shofar blew again as a light came on at the top of the stairs. I had goose bumps as Rachel came down the stairs to the song  "I am that I am", also from the Ten Commandments played. The ceremony was gorgeous, sacred, joyous, and romantic and the live music performed by Dale Schatz and his musicians for the processional started the air of celebration that would continue for the rest of the evening.

       
     
     
     To say that the rest of the evening was a celebration would  be an understatement. Of all of different types of clients that I have, I have to say that the Jewish receptions are my favorite as no other group dances as much as the Jews do. When I walked into the ballroom the afternoon during set up I had my assistants push the tables as tight against the wall as possible in order to make a larger dance floor. For any other wedding it would have been sufficient, but not a Jewish wedding reception. They truly dance like there is no tomorrow.  Everyone young and old tore up the dance floor that night!




     
     
     
     
     
    Venue – Park Plaza
    Coordination – Amber Events (special thanks to my assistants that day Nira, Neusha, and Hae)
    Rabbi – Rabbi Sherre Hirsch
    Photographer – Lin and Jirsa Photography
    Videographer – Tom Buckley
    Catering – Summit Event Catering
    Floral Design – Designs by David
    Entertainment – Dale Schatz Music
    Hair Stylist – Aline Cholakian
    Makeup Artist – Rebecca Netzel
    Cupcakes and Brownies – Babycakes
    Transportation – CCC Tours
    Guest Gifts – Poppies Dough

    No comments: