Friday, July 29, 2011

    Annie & Darin's Wedding: Team Member POV


     Amber Events Team Member
     Post Wedding Questionnaire

    Rozie took some time from her busy schedule (working for Truly Yours Catering and raising a family) to fill out this post wedding questionnaire. 
    Thank you Rozie, it was a pleasure working with you for Annie & Darin's wedding on July 16th, 2011.

    Q. How did you learn about Interning or Assisting for Amber Events? 

    A. I was working an event for Truly Yours Catering. Amber was the coordinator for the wedding that day, and had the pleasure of meeting her. I asked her for the opportunity to be part of Amber Events because I love being part of an event, especially weddings.

    Q. Tell us about yourself and how it relates to the wedding industry. 

    A. I am a people’s person, and consider myself energetic, fun, and organized. I enjoy working weddings because it really challenges me to bring out my creativity and abilities to make things happen.

    Q. What tasks did you complete for this wedding? 

    A. As a team player that day, I was able to complete all tasks given to me, such as, making sure all tables were in order for guest’s, and seating arrangements. I also made sure everybody signed, the “memory book” for bride and groom, and directed everybody to the ceremony area once people arrived.

    Q. What surprised you?     
      
    A. I was very surprised on how quick we were able to finish somewhat of a challenging task, for me that is!  A crown made of beautiful flowers, and it was my first time!

    (Note from Amber: the crown of flowers was made last minute per the request of the groom's Aunt.  In the Jewish faith, when a parent marries off their last child they are crowned with flowers, sat on a chair on the dance floor, and the family & guests dance around them)

    Q. What is your favorite part of this wedding? 

    A. My favorite part of this wedding was that it was very traditional. I never experienced a traditional Jewish wedding. I also liked the fact that it had a country, warm home touch, with lots of flowers, and colorful arrangements. Location and weather were also a great part of this special day.

    Q. What shoes did you wear?

    A. I wore black flat shoes.

    Q. The uniform for the Amber Events staff is a black button down shirt and slacks. What did you do to Jazz up your look?  

    A. I wore a silver chain belt with the same kind of necklace.

    Q. What is your favorite wedding scene from a movie? 

    A. Oh my God! There are sooo many favorite wedding scenes that I can watch over and over and consider all, my favorite!!! 

    Q. Do you have any words for anyone wanting to join the wedding industry? 

    A. I feel that if you would like to get into the wedding industry, you have to enjoy what you do, challenge yourself to have the imagination and be creative to make every “fairy tale” a special one!

    Final Comments: So far, I have worked 2 events with Amber Events, and I have to say that it has been a great experience. Just to see all guests, especially bride and groom enjoy themselves, gives you a great satisfaction that you are doing a great job, and making the bride, groom and family happy and smile at the end of the day… is priceless! Thank you for the opportunity of working with such an awesome team!




    Note from Amber: the books on the bookshelf were not only a guest favor, but also the seating assignments as each guest's name was written on the spine and the table assignment on the cover.

    No comments: