Thursday, August 18, 2011

    Kelly & Nick's Wedding: Team Member POV


    Amber Events Team Member
    Post Wedding Questionnaire

    I first met Keithlyn directly on site for Kelly and Nick's wedding. Though she had experience assisting corporate events, this was her first time working a wedding!  Keithlyn was focused and determined and helped make the night run smoothly. Thank you Keithlyn for taking time out of your busy world of school and life to fill this out. It was a pleasure working with you on Kelly and Nick's wedding on August 6th, 2011.  {Nira}


    Q. How did you learn about Interning or Assisting for Amber Events?

    A. The opportunity came to me through a club that I am involved in at Cal Poly Pomona. The club is Association of Student Event Planners (ASEP) and we are occasionally given opportunities to work on different events to gain experience in the industry.

    Q. Tell us about yourself and how it relates to the wedding industry.

    A. I like to think of myself as a creative person. I like to plan and I love to see how you can take a raw idea and turn it into something beautiful and amazing that people can enjoy and remember for years to come. Also, I love love, and weddings are the perfect display of two people sharing the love they have for one another with their friends and family.

    Q. What tasks did you complete for this wedding?

    A. I helped put linens on the cocktail tables, I arranged place cards that the bride made onto an iron gate, I made sure the tables in the reception area had the proper amount of place settings, I set up the kids table, I lit candles, and I directed guests to where the needed to go. It was fun!

    Q. What surprised you?

    A. I was surprised by how smooth everything went. This is the first wedding that I have worked and I was expecting it to be more hectic, but Amber had all the details covered and it turned out wonderfully.


    Q. What is your favorite part of this wedding?

    A. My favorite part of this wedding was after everybody entered the reception area and they sat down to enjoy the evening. Not only did it look beautiful, but you could tell everyone was enjoying themselves while celebrating Kelly & Nick’s marriage.

    Q. What shoes did you wear?

    A. I wore black Pumas. They are the shoes I normally wear to work and I knew they would be comfy to work in.

    Q. The uniform for the Amber Events staff is a black button down shirt and slacks. What did you do to Jazz up your look?

    A. Not too much. I wore a subtle necklace and a feather in my hair.

    Q. What is your favorite wedding scene from a movie?

    A. Hmmm…I like a lot of wedding scenes. One of my favorite movies is The Young Victoria. I love how in a time where many were forced into arranged marriages, she stood her ground and married the man she fell in love with.

    Q. Do you have any words for anyone wanting to join the wedding industry?

    A. It’s a lot of work. There are tons of details that you don’t realize until you actually work a wedding. However, if you are up for the challenge they are also very rewarding. It’s satisfying to accomplish a task that you know has a lot of significance to many people.

    Final Comments:

    I got a taste of what working a wedding is like and I want more! I had fun working with Amber and Nira, and I would definitely work with them again if they needed me too. I learned a lot from just this one wedding and I am eager to be a part of many more in order to expand my knowledge and experience in the industry.



    No comments: