Monday, October 3, 2011

    Miri & David's Wedding: Team Member POV


    Q. How did you learn about Interning or Assisting for Amber Events?  

    A. I am currently a student at Cal Poly Pomona in Pomona, California and I am a undergraduate student studying Hospitality and Tourism Management at The Collins College of Hospitality Management. I learned about Amber Events through the club I am in and Amber had contacted our club to find a few interns to help out with some of the weddings she had coming up.


    Q. Tell us about yourself and how it relates to the wedding industry

    A. I am a very driven, organized, passionate, creative, fun-loving individual. I feel my best when everything is in the place it is suppose to be. Organization is very important to me and I think that if you are going to be in this industry that you should have a good understanding of how to be organized because there are so many elements that in order for you to keep some of your sanity in the process of planning a wedding you need to be organized. I believe that my passion and creativity give me a great upper hand in this industry because I feel I would do anything and everything I could to make an event special and that I could come up with some really great ideas.


    Q. What tasks did you complete for this wedding? 

    A. Some of the tasks that I completed for this wedding was helping the bride with her dress, setting up for the ceremony and then the reception while the guests enjoyed the cocktail hour outside in the courtyard, checking that the floor plan and tables were set correctly, as well as assisting the vendors.


    Q. What surprised you? 

    A. Getting to see and hear the reading of the Torah was a really cool surprise. It was a very traditional Jewish wedding which was interesting to see because it is a different religion than my own.


    Q. What is your favorite part of this wedding? 

    A. My favorite part of the wedding was seeing some of the traditions practiced at Jewish weddings, seeing everyone on the dance floor participating in the Hora was a really great.

    Q. What shoes did you wear?  

    A. Black flats


    Q. The uniform for the Amber Events staff is a black button down shirt and slacks. What did you do to Jazz up your look? 

    A. I always try to have my hair done a different way at every event and I like to put different hair clips and accessories in my hair. Next time I think I might switch up my jewelry.


    Q. What is your favorite wedding scene from a movie?  

    A. The Wedding Planner is my favorite wedding movie!
     

    Q. Do you have any words for anyone wanting to join the wedding industry?  

    A. The wedding industry is a great industry to get into because there is so much to do and so much room for creativity. I personally love design and being creative and I feel that this industry gives me everything I am looking for in a career and it will allow me to grow and learn so much!


    Final Comments:  

    I absolutely love working with Amber and her team, it has been a great experience for me and I believe we work very well together which is a great feeling.




    No comments: