Wednesday, January 11, 2012

    Pretty Pictures: A timeless woman




    Jacques Henri Lartigue is notable for photographing cars, planes, and amongst many other possible subjects.... women.  The photo below, depicts one the many women he was able to memorialize. This one happens to be a stunning Parisian woman at the turn of the century. I don't know who she is and that's fine. I like a little mystery. For all I know, she could have been a stranger that caught his eye, and so willingly posed for the camera.

    I love how she gazes away, pretending she didn't know anyone was looking. Every girl is guilty to that. Look at her big floppy hat and matching trousers. It seems so simple, yet not so modest.  This girl was looking to make a statement! 
    Without words she's telling the world: "Look at me! I am a woman! A confident, beautiful woman with a figure and I'm proud of it." 

    Pictures like this really make me smile. I become conscience of the fact that a woman is like a super hero sometimes. The power being her delicious charm .What a burden to have such abilities. Horrible, I know.



    No comments: