Monday, March 12, 2012

    pre-gaming for the wedding season

    Ah, Springtime networking events....that magical time of year when it really does seem like those of us in the wedding industry lead glamorous lives! Right now we have manicures, 8 hours of sleep a night, and cute shoes when we see each other. Come August we see each other on our 9th wedding in a row in our orthopedic support shoes with bags under our eyes. And sleep? Ha. Ha. HA.

    But 'tis the season to be out and about! I don't know what it's like in other cities but in LA it is done RIGHT. We hop from party to party and consume lots of (free) booze, air kisses, beef sliders, dessert buffets, and photo-booth photos. Every event has a photo-booth. I think it's a rule.

    I was looking at my calendar and in the past 10 days I've attended not only multiple breakfasts, dinners, lunches, and happy hours with my fellow wedding industry colleagues (along with all of my client meetings) but also the cocktail party at the SLS Hotel for the Wedding Salon, the Utterly Engaged Leap Year Party, The Reveal at Casa Unici, and The Cream Event, the grand opening for Jen O'Sullivan's new studio.

    These people below? These gorgeous (and crazy) fillies are the gals who professionally execute your wedding days. Me, Cat from Next Exit Photography, Kristeen from Kristeen Labrot Events, and Jen from B and G Photography. 



    The wedding season needs to get here soon because all of the skipped gym days, happy hours, and dessert buffets are causing some problems and I don't know if I'll be fitting in my black wedding day pants come wedding season.....

    1 comment:

    Kristeen LaBrot said...

    This couldn't be more true! I'm enjoying it while it lasts.