Wednesday, February 25, 2009

    A fun favor


    I went to Disneyland a few weeks ago and was completely enamored by the little shop on Disney's Main Street where you could have an old fashioned silhouette cut out done for around $10. If the husband had been with me, we would have definitely gotten ours done. I love the old fashioned nostalgic feel of cameos and cut outs and would love to frame put one in our home.

    I remember walking away from that thinking that I wanted to find a silhouette artist and propose that as a favor idea for a few of my upcoming weddings. This morning I got an email from Lauren Johnson of www.cutarts.com showing these lovely pictures of her husband Karl working at weddings. I love it! Karl's work has been in Martha Stewart Weddings and InStyle magazine. I love the idea of incorporating the bride & groom's silhouettes on invitations, stationary, etc. as well as hiring him to create one of a kind favors for your guests. SoCal brides in luck--he lives close by!


    No comments: