Friday, July 17, 2009

    Choose Wisely, Treat Kindly

    Choose Wisely, Treat kindly.

    I don't know who first said those words, but I know that the infamous Dr. Laura (who I have a Love/Hate relationship with--I yell at the radio a lot when I listen to her) says that often when talking about choosing your mate. It's good advice. Good advice for choosing something as monumental as your life partner, and good advice for choosing something important like the people who are going to work for your on your wedding day.

    When it comes to the professional wedding vendors that you hire to work your wedding, it's a good idea to trust them to do their job (after all, you hired them!) and to always treat them with respect and kindness. I know that personally when I have a client that treats me with respect and kindness, I go waaaaay above and beyond my contractual duties in order to make them happy. When the opposite happens, I go into survival/auto pilot mode. Don't get me wrong, I am a professional and I will always do my best, but I love loving my clients and I truly get sad when that love goes away and only bitter taste is left in the mouth.

    So when choosing the team that will make up your wedding day: do your homework, check their references, trust them to do their job, and then treat them as you would like to be treated. Like my momma always said--honey draws more flies than vinegar! Now I know you don't want flies on your wedding day, but you know what I mean...

    1 comment:

    Paige Appel said...

    Amen sista! Good one.