Sunday, April 11, 2010

    Random wine blog: Tattoos, Moving, Etsy, Maps, and WWII

    Tonight's random Wine Champagne blog is brought to you by a lovely bottle of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne and I'm dedicating it to my gorgeous and kind bride Liz, who got married last weekend at the Art Deco Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. Being the awesome person that she is, she gave me this Champagne and a cool doo dad that "corks" it to keep it from going flat as she had read in my blog how much I love Champagne but how I don't drink it as often as I'd like because my husband and I have to "commit" to the bottle or it goes flat. Thank you, Liz! You are incredibly fabulous!


    On to the randomness!

    • My trip to Paris was amazing, and I'm happy to say that so was my husband's trip to Thailand and Laos. He came back tranquil, tanned, and tattooed. Oh yes, you read that right. Tattoo # 1 was my request: our wedding date in Roman Numerals on his ring finger as his job(s) as a drummer and carpenter prevent him from wearing a wedding ring. Score! He finally looks married! 9 years later! Tattoo # 2 is a saying in Laotian under his heart that is supposed to say "all you need is love" but in actuality it says somethinge like "love, peace, and brotherhood". Apparantly, there is no literal translation from The Beatles into Laotian. Whatevs. 
    • Along with wedding season looming ahead of me (have had weddings here and there, but I'm considering May 8 our official kick off), my husband and I are moving into a house in Studio City on May 1. Crazy timing, yes, but this place is so worth it: white picket fence, 2 fireplaces, hardwood floors, crown moulding, lovely trees, huuuuge backyard. Can't. Wait.
    • After living in LA for almost 9 years, I just today went to the Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market. I was looking for items for my new office (theme: pink, white, and precious!) but instead bought some cool old maps and globes for our mantle. I love maps. Especially old, politically incorrect ones
    • I also rediscovered an old flame of mine: Craiglist. Craig has been coming in very handy lately with items needed for the new new Amber Events International Headquarters. Craig, I'm so sorry I took you for granted in the past. Thanks for the $40 paint sprayer, but I still really need an antique shabby chic-ish loveseat, mmmkay? Oh, and boxes. More boxes. Thanks.
    • Aside from my boyfriend Craig, big love also has to be given to Overstock.com and Etsy for the fantastic finds this week. I am refraining from going to Etsy tonight as I have a strict "don't drink and Etsy rule". Etsy is easy like Amazon where your credit card & address are already on file, but unlike Amazon, everything on Etsy is sooo precious it almost hurts. Kind of like Anthropologie, but about 1/1,000 of the price. 
    • I'd write more, but it looks like there is an episode of The Pacific on HBO that my husband and I have to watch. I'm not too in love with WWII movies, but he's put up with enough of my rom-coms lately that I have to indulge him. And we have Champagne to drink.

      No comments: