You see them everywhere in LA these days: those yummy food trucks scooting around. I've noticed many brides on the blogosphere incorporating them into their weddings by bringing in food trucks instead of full service caterers. It can definitely save a lot of money, but make sure you address some of the logistics that come along with it such as:
- Is your food truck operating with the proper licenses and health inspections? Food poisoning would not be a fun way for your guests to remember your wedding...
- How close can they fit their truck to your reception area?
- Are they able to set up buffet stations outside of the truck for faster service?
- What will the flow be like to get guests from their tables to the truck?
- How many people can your guests serve every few minutes? Multiply that by the number of guests to see what kind of wait some of them will have.
- If you're not using their disposable plates/napkins/silverware but renting them, who will be scraping and packing up all rentals at the end of the night?
- Who will be bussing the tables and cleaning the venue up after the party is over?
*I did a google image search for food truck and came across this cute sketch on some girl named Amber's blog titled "Amber Eats LA". How could I resist?