Thursday, September 29, 2011

    how to become a wedding planner

    I remember back when I decided to be a wedding planner in 2006. I remember being so excited that someday I would get to go to a conference and feel all official and whatnot. In 2007 I attended the annual Association of Bridal Consultants annual conference in San Diego and I LOVED it.  I felt like I  was becoming a true professional surrounded by my peers. I also remember thinking back then "someday I want to be knowledgeable enough to speak at one of these bad boys".  I also shut the parties at the conference down every night. I have a tendency to do that.


    I am so excited to share that next September, 6 years after that decision of what I was going to be, I will be speaking at an incredible, educational, and fabulous event for aspiring wedding planners! I am beyond honored that my friend and colleague, Tami Brown, of Fabulously Wed asked me to share what I know about logistics with those-who-are-about-to-tread-down-this-somewhat-treacherous-path. For those of you who have not started planning weddings yet: logistics is not the sexy part. This is beverage event orders, circuits and volts, load in, fire permits, and timelines, timelines, timelines. Ow! Ow! My husband suggested I somehow incorporate booze to liven up my 9:00 AM session. I think he's on to something there.


    So, do you want to be a wedding planner? Register for Backstage Bridal, take my sexy, sexy session on logistics, and then dance with me as we shut the parties down. I have a tendency (nay, a reputation to uphold) to do that.


    1 comment:

    Mr Frostings said...

    Now I wish I was a Planner so I could go! You will be a big hit, even at 9:00am
    I once spoke at the 8:00am meeting at a convention, the morning after the welcoming party and dance. I'm sure the 5 people there loved me.