Tuesday, September 27, 2011

    Snooze City

    Wow. So I've been reading back over my blogs for the past few months and I look like a proper Emily Post. No sass as far as the eye can see. How boring of me. I would attribute it to the fact that I never drink and blog anymore** (unlike 2010: "the year of the wine blogs"), but that would make me look like I have a problem. I don't--I just prefer to snuggle on the couch with my husband and watch trash TV when I enjoy my glass of wine. 


    Everything for the past few months here has been professional and non personal. Maybe it's because I'm currently in a stretch of 9 weddings in a row???? Possibly. Probably. Yes. But I'll take this time to share what's been going on in my world:


    • My husband and I did get away to camp for 4 days back in July and it was everything I hoped it would be. Then we went away for another weekend to Twentynine Palms with my sister and her husband and I spent my days hiding in our room (shade! solitude!) reading "The Hunger Games". Do I regret being anti-social? No. Have you read that book???
    • In August I read "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series. And I hated it. And continued to read through a series I hated. I'll stay in a book because I think it will somehow redeem itself.
    • I slept. As much as I can but it's still not enough. 
    • I started Spanish classes and am currently hating and loving it at the same time. Ser & Estar, you are to me what squirrels are to my dog Rita. 
    • My husband and I went to Hurricane Harbor at 6 Flags one hot summer day and I got stuck in an enclosed black waterslide named, no joke, "The Black Hole". Apparently the t-shirt & shorts I was wearing (to prevent sunburns) was too much friction for proper slip 'n slide action. You know how people say when they die and come back to life but in the interim they were peacefully going towards the fuzzy warm light? Yeah. I had the flipside of that story. 
    • I'm going to dance as a participant in a reality show taping for Mobbed this Thursday with my BFF just because we think it'd be a hoot! And because another one of our girlfriends casts it and always invites us. 
    • The husband and I are hiking Machu Picchu in January then spending some time backpacking around Peru & Bolivia. Can't wait!
    • I had to look at my calendar to see what I've been doing lately because I've been so deep in the belly of wedding season.
    **except for right now. My husband isn't home to snuggle with.

    No comments: