Monday, March 8, 2010

    I've been busy and have pictures to prove it

    I think this post is going to be kind of random, and I don't even have a great bottle of wine to accompany me as I write. Along with booking awesome new clients, working on current clients' weddings, finally creating and ordering my 2009 portfolio (kudos to you clients who booked us without even seeing our 2009 weddings!), moving around some advertising and marketing, auditioning for shows, interviewing new interns, and prepping for a week long vacation in Paris, below are some of the fun things I've been able to do lately. Can I just say that so far I'm loving 2010 and my 30's? Yeehaw!

    • My 30th birthday itself was fabulous. My wonderful and kind husband accompanied me to the wedding industry party of the year, the Your Wedding Day Magazine annual shebang. I danced, drank, and saw so many of my fellow vendors and friends. I thanked them for coming to "my" birthday party! Proof that my husband really, really loves me:

    Video clip of the event

    The Most Anticipated Event!  YWD Magazine from Skyline Videography on Vimeo.

    • Attended the Backstage Bridal event put on by Tami Brown of Celebrate! With Tami Brown. If Tami weren't such a nice person, I'd get irritated when potential clients sometimes hire her over me. This photo is with me and Dana, the Broke Ass Bride, making a sass sandwich with her adorable husband Hunter. 

    • Hubby and I went skiing in Big Bear the weekend of my birthday. Proof yet again that he really, really loves me: in this photo he's putting chains on the tires as I'm all snuggly and warm in the car. Also, proof that he's the nicest guy in the world: on the way down the mountain he stopped and literally dug a woman's car out of the snow with his bare hands. She was stuck in a snowbank with three little kids in the backseat. Eric is a total hero.  
    • Last Friday I had a coffee date set with one of my vendors, Kim of BBJ Linen, and on Thursday I received an email from friend and wedding photographer Brian Callaway of Callaway Gable asking if I could come help Friday afternoon at an elementary school in downtown? I rescheduled the coffee date to a volunteer session with LA's Best instead. Kim and I got our craft on and had a blast playing games with the kids! LA's Best is a non-profit organization that offers a free after school program for 28,000 kids in the LAUSD. Friday's session with the kids was on acting, and while I have zero acting skills, I'm not too shabby with scissors and construction paper. It was so invigorating and energizing to get out of my neighborhood and zone and spend some time doing something good for someone else. The 3rd-5th graders were an absolute blast and I so look forward to doing this again. 

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    VERY cool! Kids are awesome.